Squid Game is a South Korean survival drama television series streaming on Netflix. The series, distributed by Netflix, was released worldwide on September 17, 2021.
The series centers on a contest where 456 desperately indebted group of people in South Korea are recruited to compete in series of childhood games. The ultimate prize is $38 million.
Whiles it’s fair to mention this is one of the best TV series you’ll find on Nexflix, the show is philosophical in a way that gets you thinking about life itself.
Here are a few lessons I gathered:
1. Don’t deal with people who have nothing to lose or nothing to gain.
2. You can’t always succeed by playing fair. Sometimes you cheat to win!
3. The basic solution to all the world problems is leadership. Society just needs the right set ups, regulations, directions, inspirations, guidance.
4. There’s no perfect system, no perfect place, no perfect environment. No matter how well a system is designed, it will always suffer irregularities. Every system can be corrupted.
5. Getting a venture started isn’t usually a difficulty. But finding the right people to work with is more daunting.
6. There are no clear, assured certain ways of making it in life.
7. Don’t despise others because of what they don’t have. Don’t be too quick to accept people because of what they have.
8. The person who brings you joy will be the same to bring you sadness. Often, it’s not their choice. Circumstances make them.
9. Life always gives us options. Life is actually all about options.
10. Choose your partner carefully.
11. Decision making is the most difficult thing to do
12. Everything has consequences.
13. There are no useless people. No matter what a person is, they can still be resourceful.
14. The world runs on the principles of competition for survival. Man will eat man when it comes to their self-benefit. People will break all rules of moral judgment to survive.
15. Everything is possible when money is the motivation. Never underestimate what people can do for money!
16. Sometimes people disappoint you, not because they are bad people. Because circumstances cause them to.
17. It is not possible for all of us to succeed, even if given the same opportunities. Life isn’t designed for everyone to make it.
18. Don’t trust absolutely. And don’t mistrust entirely.
19. Intelligence wins over strength
20. The world is not totally screwed. You can always find hope in humanity.
By Patrick Fynn