As the COVID-19 crisis unfolds around the world, governments are calling for people to stay at home. Here’s how to stay connected and make the most of your time inside
This time finds many of us settling into new work-from-home environments. For those missing the background noise of outside life and looking for something productive to do while staying at home, consider tuning into these self-care, business and trending tips.
- Video call all your friends at once using the Houseparty app. Your loved ones will value your check-ins.
2. Have a mindful morning. Clear your mind, take a breath and practice mindfulness with a meditation app. And zen.
3. Make your home a sanctuary. Surround yourself with quirky things that inspire you.
4. Read that book! On our list is The Lean Startup: How Constant Innovation Creates Radically Successful Businesses, By Eric Ries
5. It’s time for a digital detox. Unfollow the accounts that don’t bring value to your life.
6. Wake up, stretch and create a routine that includes physical activity.
7. Get stuck into a new podcast, make a playlist. We’re enjoying Exponential View: learn how AI and other exponential technologies are transforming business and society.
8. Create a journal of your thoughts. Your future self will thank you for it.
9. Binge-watch a new series with your friends using Netflix Party.
10. Take a remote trip to space. NASA made its media library public. That’s right!
11. Show self-care with a little pamper session. Make it a ritual to show yourself a little love.
12. Learn new skills. Invest in you and prepare for what’s next with an American university born online.
Whether it’s spending (face)time with your friends or discovering a new podcast, make the most of staying at home. This blog post was brought to you by Nexford, an American online university.