The 2017 Premium Bank Ghana Startup Awards, which came off at the Movenpick Ambassador Hotel in Accra, has awarded the most outstanding Startups in Ghana in an exclusive event which had an unprecedented participation of over 700 entrepreneurs, ecosystem players and stakeholders from across Ghana.
Picking the top most awards were Zeepay Ghana and Claudia Lumor who were adjudged the Startup and Startup Entrepreneur of the Year respectively with My Home Teacher picking 2 awards in the Education and Student Startup of the Year categories
The event, which was graced by the Managing Director of Premium Bank, Kwasi Tumi also had representatives from the Ghana Investment Promotion Council, Registrar Generals Department, Youth Enterprise Support, KPMG, members of the awards Jury and other dignitaries.
In a speech delivered by, Ekow Mensah, CEO of The African Network of Entrepreneurs (TANOE) and organisers of the awards, he shared that the awards is a giant step in the right direction in giving startups the needed exposure, public recognition and support in their pursuit of building big businesses. He further expressed his excitement about the partnership between Premium Bank and TANOE in supporting awardees through The HelpStation initiative.
The Ceremony was also used to outdoor the 2017 members of the Ghana Startup Club 100, a prestigious list that outlines the 100 Most Outstanding Startups in Ghana.
5 Media firms, Business & Financial Times, Joy 99.7FM, TV3 Business, Pulse Ghana and Busy JUMP were also given honorary awards for their support towards empowering Startups and Entrepreneurs in Ghana.
Below is the full list of winners in the 2017 Premium Bank Ghana Startup Awards
2. Startup Entrepreneur of the Year – Claudia Lumor
3. Social Enterprise of the Year – Food for all Africa
4. Student Startup of the Year – My Home Teacher
5. Non-Ghanaian Startup of the Year – Tonaton Ghana
6. Technology Startup of the Year – Asoriba
7. Education Startup of the Year – My Home Teacher
8. Agribusiness Startup of the Year – Trotro Tractor
9. Processing Startup of the Year – Dough Man Foods
10. Arts & Tourism Startup of the Year – Leizer-Legacy Productions
11. Media Startup of the Year – Creo Concepts
12. Fashion Startup of the Year – Wear Ghana
13. Health Startup of the Year – Quik Medical Consult
14. Manufacturing Startup of the Year – Kantanka Automibile
15. Finance & Fintech Startup of the Year – Express Pay
The awards organised by The Startup Network, a network under The African Network of Entrepreneurs is sponsored by Premium Bank in partnership with The HelpStation, KPMG, IConceptsPR, Avance Media, Edel Consult, Kumasi Hive, HapaSpace, MEST, GhanaThink Foundation and TentMaker Ghana.
Source: Prince Akpah